5 Reasons Why Video Marketing Content SELLS
Learning how to develop and market your own brand is the most important skill set that you can acquire as a webmaster – and there is certainly no ‘one-size-fits-all’ when it comes to creating a marketing plan.
For this reason, it’s vital to your success that you become familiar will all the marketing techniques out there – and that’s exactly where video marketing content development comes into play.
Here are the top five reasons why you should consider incorporating video marketing into your strategy today.
1. Video marketing helps you keep your strategy varied.
If you want to be successful you will have to learn how to constantly adapt your business and marketing strategies so that you stay on top of all the changing trends. If you find a technique that works well, then by all means stick with it as your primary method!
However, don’t ever fall into the trap of ceasing to experiment with different methods on a regular basis. Continually trying new things means you will never be left hanging when search engine algorithms change because you know how to market yourself successfully without them. Just like Brian Clark advocates in his post on CopyBlogger, it's important to learn how to attract traffic to your brand without relying on search engines at all.
2. Visual content provides a fresh way to reach your audience. Videos are the perfect medium to deliver information to your visitors in a concise, and easy to understand way – especially when your focus is on how-to tutorials. Many people pick up new information better when they watch someone present it to them rather than just reading the instructions.
By focusing on video marketing content development you are in turn giving yourself a greater chance of being recognized as the industry expert in your niche – and that’s what ultimately draws the targeted traffic to your site.
3. Videos help your readers get involved with your site.
Visual content helps engage your readers in your content, and more importantly, it keeps them on your website for a longer period of time. The longer you can keep visitors on your site the higher the chance that they will subscribe to your feed, purchase your products, or follow your recommended links.
4. Video marketing can help attract large volumes of new visitors. There are tons of video upload sites out there in addition to the popular YouTube, and it’s completely free to join most of them. The more places that you get your video uploaded the greater the chance you have of it being picked up by social media and going viral.
Videos are easy to share, so if someone likes your product then there’s a good chance that it will be passed along to their friends as well.
5. Video marketing content development helps build quality backlinks.
Videos have the potential to show up in the search engine results – especially ones that are uploaded to YouTube. As Grant Crowell explains it in his post on ReelSEO, YouTube is "owned by Google, so all of its videos are indexed." What does this mean to you? Two words – quality backlinks. And the quality of the backlinks that your website nets are much more significant to your ranking than the quantity.
It’s important to remember that while video marketing can be very effective, it should be used to supplement quality content – not as a sole means of providing content. The most successful websites out there use a combination of video, articles, quality SEO, and pictures to reach their audience – and by successful I mean the ones that rank the highest, have a quality base of subscribers, and actively engage their audience so that people keep coming back to hear what they have to say.
The best part about video marketing content development is that it allows you to be original with what you have to say – you don’t have to just film yourself talking to a camera. For instance, you can demonstrate a product, create a narrated slideshow presentation, or compile customer testimonials into a movie montage.
There is no reason to ignore the power of a good video, even if you are shy about getting in front of a camera – just get creative! After all, your unique brand of creativity is what makes your website stand out from the rest.