10 Simple Tips For Writing Effective Marketing Copy
Marketing copy is promotional content. It should be used to influence your online visitors to take action. A content marketing copywriter understands the technical aspects of how to get this done effectively.
An effective content marketing copywriter knows content marketing strategy and SEO. He or she will consider exactly how the copy will be used. This helps create effective copy that will be useful as a long-term marketing tool.
10 Simple Tips for Writing Your Own Effective Marketing Copy:
- Determine your specific goals.
- To create quality content, you must determine what goals will place you above your competition. This can be something as simple as building a more interactive website. Providing quality content helps to reinforce your expertise in your field, creating customer loyalty.
- Determine your customers’ needs.
- What are your customers' concerns? What type of information can you provide to help them with their needs? Once you answer these questions, you can create content that is actually of value to them. Providing online surveys can help you understand your customers' needs and how to solve them. A professional content marketing copywriter can assist you with this.
- Decide on the customer action your desire.
- What do you want your customers to do? Join your mailing list? Download your ebook? “Like” your blog? By providing educational, informative content, you increase customer awareness about your service or product. This will eventually lead to your ultimate, desired customer action... Buy Now.
- Choose the right content tools.
- Choose your content based on the needs of your customers. If they want content emails, put them on your newsletter list. If they want to download content, give them free eBooks. Most of them will want to interact with you via social media. Make sure you provide content they can share with their social media networks online. A quality content marketing copywriter will use their expertise to help you make the right content tool choices.
- Use simple wording.
- This goes without saying. You do not want to confuse or irritate your readers with long words they cannot understand. The whole purpose of content marketing is to help to educate your readers. The best way to do this is with plain, simple, easy-to-understand language that will make your readers crave more.
- Use short sentences.
- Shorter sentences are much easier for your readers to understand. Long, run on sentences tend to get ignored. Most readers skim through content before reading it. Simple, short sentences allow them to absorb a lot of information in a glance. This will pique their curiosity and make them want to read the content in depth. Remember, only one thought per sentence can help eliminate confusion.
- Write short paragraphs.
- You may have noticed that successful newspaper writers use short paragraphs. This makes reading more pleasing to the eyes. Also, the human brain absorbs information better when it is given in smaller chunks. With content writing, your paragraphs can be as short as two simple words: Buy Now.
- No rambling.
- Do not ramble on and on about “nothing.” Determine your goal to decide what point you want to make. Then, stick to your point. Never deviate from your goal to educate your readers on a specific topic. Getting off topic will resort in your readers leaving your site to find relevant content to help solve their problems. An expert content marketing copywriter knows the importance of this step.
- Track results.
- Use analytical tools to track the results of your marketing content. Google Analytics provides a very effective online service to track your content marketing strategy progress. By tracking your results, you can determine which content is the most successful. This is done by tracking unique visits, page views, subscriptions, likes, shares and Retweets.
- Edit, rewrite and delete.
- If it looks so long that it may be overwhelming to readers, shorten it. If it doesn't seem to be getting the message across that you intended, edit it. If it is completely irrelevant, delete it. Take out all of the fluff. Make it informative. Keep it simple. Make it interesting. Your content marketing copywriter can help you determine what works for you and what doesn't.
A good content marketing copywriter is the strategist who puts all the pieces of the puzzle together for you. We utilize your business goals, SEO keywords, your budget and long-term growth goals to create valuable content.
A good content marketing strategy will encourage customer feedback in exchange for information, services and products they need. For more information, read our content marketing ebook.