5 Blog Writing Tips To Captivate Your Readers
Got something to sell? Getting the reader's attention is key - and using blog writing is a tactic that has been proven successful.The work is not always easy, but it does pay off.
In several case studies posted on Lawyerist.com, legal firms as well as other businesses can reap substantial benefits from good blog writing. How can you produce blogs that captivate your readers? Here are some blog writing tips to help you get your writing on the right track:
1. Write about something that interests you - as mentioned on the Home Notion article, blogging about topics that you are passionate about gives you the benefit of sincerity. If you honestly feel strongly about a topic - whether it is positive or negative - you can write about it much easier. If it's for your business, you should already have the inspiration you need.
2. Put yourself in the reader's shoes - consider the perspective of the readers and what might catch their eye. Perhaps some of your readers might be experiencing a particular problem, and you can provide advice through a story. Another possibility is your reader could be unaware of an opportunity and you can blog to give them a head's up. And you could use a scare tactic and give a warning that "if you don't act soon..." - but watch your wording and try not to be too melodramatic.
3. Keep a conversational tone - when writing try to keep the target audience's collective "personality" in mind. If your readers are business people your writing should be professional. If your readers are video game enthusiasts then your writing should be much more casual.
4. Engage with your readers - In a recent Marketing Profs article the advice is to get blog advice by conversing with your audience. Through social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter and even other blogs you can gain a lot of insight into what your audience is looking for.
5. Keep your focus - try not to stray off point very far. If you decide to write a story as your blog, make sure you return to your primary topic so that readers can be reminded of the primary purpose of the blog.
With these blog writing tips you can take your blogging to a higher level.