10 Proven SEO Copywriting Tactics For Better Link Building
By nature, search engine optimization (SEO), involves designing websites to improve natural search placement on search engine results pages (SERPs). SEO copywriting that optimizes for terms that the websites's target audience uses to search, can drive the most relevant traffic to the website.
Driving traffic is what it's all about. If you want a better conversion rate, more potential customers and higher sales, try these proven SEO tactics:
- Determine key concepts. Before writing, figure out which words that the people desired to visit the website will use. Check to see which words come up in the major search engines when you type in a generic product or service name that matches what the website is focused on. Then use these essential words on relevant webpages. Use the keywords in the first section line of the page title, for the best search engine indexing.
- Study SEO sources. Learn about how to use SEO copywriting techniques from trusted resources. New information is available regularly, so it is important to keep abreast of new developments and trends. For example, choose sources such as SEO guru, Matt Cutts' blog, and Search Engine Land.
- Use keywords in page headers. Engaging and creative headlines that incorporate keywords will do a great deal to help drive organic website traffic. Even the most persuasive headlines really need keywords as much as possible. When images are used, place keywords in and around the image. Write keyword text for the headline image, and put generic keywords elsewhere on the webpage.
- Develop captions with keywords. Using text-based captions allows for more keywords for SEO copywriting. Make sure the keywords match those that you found while conducting research. This keyword strategy allows for another chance to influence search engine results.
- Pay attention to word order. When it comes to SEO copywriting, because of how search engines read and index webpages, word order means a lot. After doing keyword research, use the words that show up first in the beginning of your web text. Favor the most popular words for the most effective SEO copywriting.
- Watch singular and plural word usage. When consumers search, they usually use both singular and plural forms of words. Often, different results will come within the top three to five Google results. This is why it is so important to understand which keywords are the most relevant. This way, SEO copywriting may be written accordingly. This applies to all web copy, such as tags, headers and headlines.
- Structure copy length. For some SEO copywriting, 300-400 words is sufficient. Longer web copy provides more of an opportunity to go into detail about benefits and attributes about the service or product. Some of these things are not readily apparent, and when consumers learn from web content, they have a tendency to respect it more. This can lead to more return website visitors.
This also allows for the chance to really differentiate a firm’s services and products, which helps with branding. From a marketing standpoint, there is a greater chance to become an influencer in cyberpsace. Longer copy is also great for search engine discovery.
- Design an internal linking strategy. This can assist the search robots to find other web content from a website. Anchor text in links can also be effective for SEO copywriting. Before writing begins, learn which web pages should be linked to and from the copy. Determine which is the best anchor text for each proposed link. Then it is possible to incorporate that text for more seamless copy.
Waiting until after the website is completed to do the internal linking will mean that copy written previously will need to be edited. The copy should flow easily through the anchor text. Read articles such as the SEOmoz blog's Brainstorming Your Link-Building Strategy to learn more.
- Review your content to ensure that it is engaging and straightforward. This will make it more relevant to readers, and more discoverable to the major search engines. The most effective web content has a higher crawlability rate, with relevant topics that search engines will understand and find. In this way, a website has the best chance of being indexed within the top rungs of the search engine ladder, so that people will find the website sooner than others.
- Remember that web content is king. SEO copywriting is an art that relies upon technical knowledge, research, and creativity. Each webpage, from the sitemap to the overall design, uses word structures that relate to search engine discovery. Take the time to plan out the web content, keeping in mind which web page it is for. Always understand what the goal is.